http://web.me.com/short.bits/ITW_Presea ... pFlyer.pdf
This from Jim Dorsey...
There are 40-50 TX high school wrestlers registered to attend Super32 or USA Preseason Nationals, and many others preparing for the UIL season. Looking on the national wrestling boards or Trackwrestling, you can see countless preseason tournaments all over the east coast, the southeast, and in the midwest. Many of the wrestlers our kids face in these national showcases will already have 20+ matches in this season by the time we face them. Our TX wrestlers, though, have little opportunity for live matches locally to help knock some of the rust off before competing either in these tournaments or in the UIL season. They have to get on a plane and spend the whole weekend (plus a lot of money) to compete.
Good news! To provide a local opportunity, we are hosting a pre-season high school tournament in Austin on Sat, Oct 22. The tournament will be at Austin Bowie HS. See attached flyer for more information. This tournament is more about mat time and preparation than winning and losing. Some of the key points for the tournament:
· Pre-registration through www.Trackwrestling.com
(ends Fri 10/21 at 10:00pm).
· Starting at noon to allow Dallas and Houston wrestlers to easily drive down that morning.
· Just HS wrestlers so it will be relatively small and everyone should get plenty of wrestling in 3-4hrs; then time to get back home.
· Madison-bracketing into round-robins so wrestlers don’t need to worry about weight and everyone gets equal matches.
· Exhibition/challenge matches available if wrestlers find a good match-up who was not in their bracket.
· Matches are 2-1-1. If the wrestlers want to we can go 1-1-1.
Please pass this on to other coaches and wrestlers in your area. We hope to see some of your wrestlers on the 22nd. Let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to help your wrestlers.
Texas Tune-up Committee